blob: 60355e2bcdfe845170a081739711f05b2bc78298 (plain
title: The GNU Assembly — Software for human empowerment
Welcome to the GNU Assembly! Wondering what this is? Here are the
- Gathering under a New Umbrella —
maintainers and contributors of well-known free software projects
are making this place our new home, fighting for the freedom of
computer users and hacking the good hack.
- Governance, Not Unilateralism — This new home is governed by those
who build it [following common goals and sharing the same
is where we openly and respectfully discuss day-to-day operation and
the general direction of our umbrella project.
- This Group’s Not Uniform — We have common goals but also different
backgrounds, and we view it as a strength. Our interactions in this
project are subject to its [code of
- GNU’s Novelty is Unequaled — We contribute to projects that go back
to the roots of free software, some of us even know what “CVS”
means. These projects and newer ones are leading in their own
domain and we plan to keep it that way.
- GNU Needs U! — It’s about building a software commons to empower
computer users. We need you — as a user, developer, speaker,
coordinator, translator, system administrator: if you share [our
goals](https://wiki.gnu.tools/gnu:social-contract), bring your own
“GNU” as in “new” — join us now!